On 2 July 2020, the Department for Transport announced the list of authorities to receive funding under the Emergency Active Travel Fund. Since then, these authorities have been working to get their plans ready.
In this webinar on 14 September (2:00 - 3:30 pm) at the start of TravelWise Week, we'll hear from a mix of combined authorities and local authorities who will share their ambitious plans and how they intend to implement them on the ground to benefit local residents.
To add an international perspective, we'll then hear from Athens - one of the leading cities across Europe also taking the opportunity to introduce a step-change in active travel infrastructure.
Lastly, we'll have a panel discussion and questions, with the opportunity for other local authorities to share their plans and any issues or challenges.
• Professor George Yannis, responsible for the Athens Grand Walk transformation project, City of Athens, Greece (also see The Guardian, 18 May 2020 - 'Cleaner and greener': Covid-19 prompts world's cities to free public space of cars)
• Laura Wells, Principal Transport Planner, Policy & Strategy, Brighton & Hove Council
(no longer available; presentation to be provided to delegates)
• Ambrose White, Policy Officer (Transport), West Yorkshire Combined Authority
• Lynsey McGarvey, Principal Transport Planner, Leeds City Council
• Sian Fox, Associate, ITP on behalf of Transport for West Midlands
Sponsored by BetterPoints Ltd.