The first Act TravelWise Scotland regional web meeting of 2021 will feature presentations, updates and news from NESTRANS, Aberdeen City Council, Anturas Consulting and Living Streets Scotland.
About this Event Register now via Eventbrite!.
Act TravelWise's Scotland region will have its first regional web meeting of 2021 on Wednesday 24th March @10:00am.
The event will feature updates and presentations from NESTRANS , Aberdeen City Council , Anturas Consulting Ltd (Edinburgh) and Stuart Hay Director of Living Streets Scotland.
The web meeting will be held from 10:00am to 11:45am.
• Kelly Wiltshire, Transport Executive, NESTRANS will provide an update on the Regional Transport Strategy for the North East of Scotland and the E-Cargo Bike trial that NESTRANS are leading on. https://www.nestrans2040.org.uk/
• Anthony Burns and Rachael Sparrow of Aberdeen City Council will be giving an update on the worlds first fleet of hydrogen buses and on the ibike scheme in the City of Aberdeen. https://www.getabout.org.uk/
• Catherine Leech and Cesar Torres of Anturas Consulting Ltd will give an insight into the Active Travel projects Anturas is supporting. Such as the economic case for active travel in Edinburgh, especially when approaching city-wide programmes of infrastructure and behaviour change. Using the experience of working with the City of Edinburgh Council on their Active Travel Investment Programme (ATINP). https://www.anturasconsulting.com/
• Stuart Hay, Director of Living Streets Scotland will cover plans, campaigns and events for Scotland in 2021. Including planned work on 20 minute neighbourhoods (including recent work at community level near social housing) and the Living Streets schools programme. https://www.livingstreets.org.uk/about-us/scotland
Also make sure you check out the Living Streets Walking Summit 2021
• Q&A and discussion around updates & presentations• Updates on the work of members in the region ('go round')• Discussion on future meetings/events
Attendance is limited so please register early. ACTTW members will be given preferential booking.
The first section (presentations , Q&A) may be attended by members and non members from any region. The latter section is intended for members living and/or working in the region.
For further information about attending or wishing to sponsor this event please contact Sean Ford at [email protected]