Act TravelWise is co-ordinating TravelWise Week 2019. The week-long campaign will be held at the same time as, and in co-operation with, European Mobility Week (EMW) - 16-22 September 2019.
You are invited to get involved - whether you represent a local authority, transport operator, business, university, health care provider or even just as an individual. It's an opportunity to engage with the public and other partners broadly on the theme of transport and travel in a number of ways:
- encouraging modal shift and physical activity by offering various types of incentives (e.g. travel discounts, passes), support (e.g. PTP, cycle training), useful information (e.g. maps, timetables), education and motivation
- showcasing new or planned infrastructure improvements (e.g. new cycling/walking routes, pedestrian zones, public space enhancements, new cleaner buses)
- increasing awareness, support and momentum for local initiatives through face-to-face interaction
Safe Walking and Cycling - 2019 Theme
Walk with us!
Our bodies are designed to move, yet many of us struggle to find the time to get active during the day. We may find that much of our routine is made up of sitting: in traffic, at a desk, or in front of a screen. But what if we could integrate exercise into our daily life and save money at the same time?
This year's campaign puts the spotlight on safe walking and cycling and the benefits it can have for our health, our environment, and our bank balance! Active transport modes such as walking and cycling are emission-free and help to keep our hearts and bodies healthy.
Cities that promote walking and cycling over private vehicles have also been found to be more attractive, with less congestion and a higher quality of life.
In terms of individual health benefits, studies show that cyclists on average live two years longer than non-cyclists and take 15 percent fewer days off work through illness, while 25 minutes of brisk walking a day can add up to seven years to your life!
So this September, why not walk with us and experience the benefits for yourself?
* * * * *
You have the option of using the TravelWise Week or European Mobility Week (EMW) branding for your local events and activities. Act TravelWise is providing TravelWise Week logos and posters (downloads below), web resources, regional support networks, contacts and links to the EMW campaign e.g. campaign materials and communication toolkit. Our campaign co-ordinator Don Kent (07931 978771, [email protected]) will be happy to support and steer your efforts.
Regardless of which branding you use, please register your participation on the European Mobility Week website, where you will find one registration link for 'Cities' and another for 'Businesses, NGOs, Schools and Other Actors'. Don has even offered to complete the registration form on your behalf. Registration will also make you eligible for awards.
Let's start organising now for the 2019 campaign and make it a year to remember!
* * * * *
Poster Resources (courtesy Diva Creative):
- poster image - available at 600x860px (JPG) for web use and 249x345px (JPG) for social media use
- A4 poster - non-customisable (PDF)
- A4 poster - with 'empty belly' for adding local event info (PDF)
Image Resources (courtesy Diva Creative):
- logo - available at 2298x1845px (JPG) and 167x125px (JPG)
- logo on blue with transport icons - available at high res and low res
- bus graphic - 2521x952px (JPG)
- car sharing graphic - 1195x742px (JPG)
- cyclist graphic - 1195x742px (JPG)
- three pedestrians graphic - 1904x975px (JPG)
- pedestrian1 image - 810x942px (JPG)
- pedestrian2 image - 810x942px (JPG)