Act TravelWise helps provide co-ordinating assistance for TravelWise Week 2022.
TravelWise Week takes place from 16-22 September each year, culminating in the popular Car-Free Day on the 22nd Sept.
Local authorities and organisations are encouraged to use the main week to promote sustainable transport measures, promote new infrastructure and technologies, try out innovative planning measures and measure air quality, and also get feedback from the public.
The week-long campaign will be held at the same time as, and in co-operation with, European Mobility Week (EMW) - 16-22 September 2022.
For more information on how to get started and to promote your activities check out the following info and links.
You have the option of using the TravelWise Week or European Mobility Week (EMW) branding for your local events and activities or just using your own organisational branding. Act TravelWise is providing TravelWise Week logos and posters (downloads below), web resources, regional support networks, contacts and links to the EMW campaign e.g. campaign materials and communication toolkit.
Our campaign co-ordinator Don Kent (07931 978771, [email protected]) will be happy to support and steer your efforts.
Regardless of which branding you use, please register your participation on the European Mobility Week website, where you will find one registration link for 'Cities' and another for 'Businesses, NGOs, Schools and Other Actors'. Don has even offered to complete the registration form on your behalf. Registration will also make you eligible for awards.
You are invited to get involved - whether you represent a local authority, transport operator, business, university, health care provider or even just as an individual. It's an opportunity to engage with the public and other partners broadly on the theme of transport and travel in a number of ways:
- encouraging modal shift and physical activity by offering various types of incentives (e.g. travel discounts, passes), support (e.g. PTP, cycle training), useful information (e.g. maps, timetables), education and motivation
- showcasing new or planned infrastructure improvements (e.g. new cycling/walking routes, pedestrian zones, public space enhancements, new cleaner buses)
- increasing awareness, support and momentum for local initiatives through face-to-face interaction
Previously in 2021
We held a Boot Camp webinar with Don Kent (UK TravelWise Week Co-ordinator) last year on the 5th May 2021.
Leeds City Council also carried out a number of activities in 2021 with some useful links here.
- New toolkit launched ahead of Car Free Day to help Leeds residents host community street events.
- Streets for People toolkit launched to celebrate Car Free Day (connecting-leeds.com)
- Celebrating Car Free Day (connecting-leeds.com)
2021: last year's theme was ‘Move Sustainably. Stay Healthy’.
In 2021, EUROPEAN MOBILITY WEEK focused on ‘Safe and Healthy with Sustainable Mobility’. The theme highlights the benefits of sustainable and active mobility habits in our health, physical and mental, and well-being.
Let's start organising now for the 2021 campaign and make it a year to remember!
* * * * *
Poster Resources (courtesy Diva Creative, updated for 2021 by Act TravelWise):
- poster image - available at 600x860px (JPG) for web use, 249x345px (JPG) for social media use, and 600x335px (JPG) for Twitter
- A4 poster - non-customisable (PDF)
- A4 poster - with 'empty belly' for adding local event info (PDF)
Image Resources (courtesy Diva Creative):
- logo - available at 2298x1845px (JPG) and 167x125px (JPG)
- logo on blue with transport icons - available at high res and low res
- bus graphic - 2521x952px (JPG)
- car sharing graphic - 1195x742px (JPG)
- cyclist graphic - 1195x742px (JPG)
- three pedestrians graphic - 1904x975px (JPG)
- pedestrian1 image - 810x942px (JPG)
- pedestrian2 image - 810x942px (JPG)