1. We aim to ensure that you have a positive and enjoyable experience throughout your Membership with Act TravelWise ('the Association'). We also hope that you will benefit fully from the products and services that we offer. The following terms and conditions are therefore intended to be as simple as possible.
2. Membership is with the Association, which operates a network of Regional Networks. These Regional Networks are not separate legal entities, and Members must choose one of these to be their primary Regional Network.
3. Association membership is open to individuals, companies and other organisations regardless of their location.
4. The choice of Regional Network is used to determine some of the communications that members receive from the Association, but this does not restrict in any way a Member’s right to attend events or to use the services provided through any other Regional Network within the Association.
5. Corporate Association Membership is a business entitlement rather than a personal one. All employees of the Corporate Member are therefore entitled to all Association benefits and services when working on behalf of their Member employer.
6. Membership is for a minimum period of 12 months and commences when payment is received by the Association.
7. Members are automatically invoiced for the next membership period as each 12-month term expires.
8. The Association communicates regularly with its Members by email and telephone. We aim only to approach our Members with information which we believe could be of interest to them. These communications are an integral part of the Membership package and, by joining, you agree to be contacted by the Association. This regular communication can be terminated at the Member’s request at any time.
9. Members are entitled to and encouraged to take advantage of the various opportunities that the Association offers but there is never any obligation or pressure to use any of the services provided by the Association or its partners. Any agreement between the Member and the Association’s partners is strictly between the two parties and is not the responsibility of the Association.
10. Association membership benefits are subject to change without notice and are subject to terms and conditions available from the Association.
11. The Association membership fee is non-refundable and the Membership is non-transferable.
12. Only one company name can be used within the Association Membership Directory and for any promotion or communication made through the Association.
13. Private sector fees are based on the number of employees in the Member organisation; Public sector Membership fees are based on the size of the electoral roll covered. It is an express term of the membership agreement that the Member will inform the Association about any changes to the number of employees or to any other vital aspects of their business. In individual cases, the Association may consider applications for a higher category of membership than indicated purely by the number of employees.
14. There is a Group Membership option open to companies or other organisations which have a network of connected locations, where the Membership fees for the group will be agreed with the Association.
15. By signing this form, you are entering into a Legal Agreement to join the Association. You may cancel the Agreement by giving the Association written notice within 14 days of the date of the Agreement.
16. Membership is subject to Association Board approval and we retain the right to refuse Membership without disclosing any reason.
17. Membership is subject to the provisions of the Articles of Association of the Association (available on request) and, in the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the Articles of Association, the Articles shall prevail.
18. The Association shall have no liability for any losses suffered by a Member as a result of using services offered by a fellow Member. The Association takes no responsibility for advice given by, or services provided by its third party service providers, even though such providers may have been introduced to the Member by the Association.
19. We will contact you one month prior to renewal.