Act TravelWise is holding its Annual Conference and AGM on Thursday 28 January 2016 at the Camden Centre in Central London.
As a highlight, the conference provides an early opportunity to hear directly from the Department for Transport regarding the Spending Review outcomes and new funding opportunities. This will be followed by afternoon workshops: 'Tips for Preparing Funding Bids' and 'How Active Travel Funding Bids are Appraised by DfT and LEPs'.
- Robert Goodwill MP (Minister of State for Transport)
- Joe Irvin (Chief Executive, Living Streets)
- Francesca Racioppi (European Centre for Environment and Health, World Health Organization)
- Philippe Crist (International Transport Forum, OECD)
The full-day event will also feature presentations and panels on topical issues in the sustainable transport field, relevant to practitioners in the public, private and third sectors. This content will be divided into two streams:
- active travel and health
- collaboration between local government and the private sector
The 'active travel and health' stream addresses the latest case studies and research on how walking and cycling promotion and infrastructure can lead to healthier communities. The second stream includes case studies of successful public-private sector collaboration.
The day offers a wide range of learning and networking opportunities, and we very much hope you can join us. Please click below for the full programme and details or register now via Eventbrite.
› Read more