The winners of the 2015 National Cycle Rail Awards have once again demonstrated how the industry has worked together to contribute to the country’s cycling revolution.
Cycle-rail is an industry success story with the number of cycle parking spaces available at stations more than doubling since 2009 to more than 63,000. This has contributed to a record 38million journeys combining bicycle and train being made in the last year.
Now in their 11th year, the Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC) National Cycle Rail Awards, which are judged in partnership with cycling stakeholders and campaign groups, play a key role in increasing cycle access to the railway by improving communications and the spread of best practice.
This year’s winners include:
- Citymapper for its journey planning app
- Northern Rail for its integrated approach to cycling in Greater Manchester
- Arriva Trains Wales for improvements to cycle provision at Chester Railway Station
- British Transport Police British for ‘Operation Lock-It’
- Brighton - Station of the Year
Further details can be found here.