The Department for Transport has prepared a Draft Cycling and Walking Strategy for consultation, as part of a government effort "to create a walking and cycling nation". Through the consultation, the DfT is seeking:
- suggestions and evidence of innovative projects and programmes which could be developed to further our goals of:
- increasing cycling activity
- reversing the decline in walking activity
- reducing the rate of cyclists killed or seriously injured
- views on how to increase cycling and walking in typically under-represented groups
- views on the approach and actions set out in the strategy to meet our key objectives
- views on the potential roles of government and non-government bodies in delivering the strategy, plus the how they work together
- views on the assistance local authorities and local enterprise partnerships would find beneficial to support development of infrastructure plans
- views on our proposed activities for meeting our objectives of better:
The draft strategy and related information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/draft-cycling-and-walking-investment-strategy
If you are an Act TravelWise member interested in helping to develop a unified response from the association, please contact Randall Ghent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The consultation closes on 23 May 2016.