ENDURANCE: EU-wide establishment of enduring national and European support networks for sustainable urban mobility
Endurance aims to assist cities and regions with developing Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) by facilitating networking, mutual learning and sharing of experience and best practice across countries.
ENDURANCE is a three-year project running from May 2013 to April 2016 and is funded under Intelligent Energy Europe. The project is led by FGM-AMOR (Austrian Mobility Research) as the coordinator of EPOMM (the European Platform on Mobility Management) and consists of a consortium of 30 partners.
ENDURANCE aims to assist cities and regions with developing Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) by facilitating networking, mutual learning, and sharing of experience and best practice across countries. ENDURANCE builds 25 national networks and an overarching European network, making use of the existing EPOMM structure. The principal target groups of ENDURANCE are urban mobility professionals, cities and national authorities. The main benefit is efficient and lasting support structures for SUMPs, which will be maintained by EPOMM beyond the end of ENDURANCE.
Over the project duration, we hope to achieve the following objectives:
- Establish enduring national Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) networks across the EU and Norway
- Establish an enduring and integrated European Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) audit, training and policy transfer network
- Activate 250 cities in Europe to engage in Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans and implementation of them
- Raise awareness about SUMP and its benefits at national and European level institutions.
Our long term strategic objectives are to:
- establish Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans as major urban policy supported on local, national and European level
- reduce modal share of the car by on average 5% in 400 of the 483 cities above 100,00 inhabitants
Would you like to join a SUMP network in the UK?
If you would like to take part in this ambitious project and join our SUMP networks, please get in touch as we would love to hear from you. We are keen for Local Authorities across the UK to get in touch and join our regional networks. The network is expected to meet up to twice a year and attend a national SUMP conference each year till the project ends. All attendance to conferences and events is FREE of charge.
For more information, or to join please email email@example.com
If you would like to visit the ENDURANCE website, please click here