In response to high demand, Act TravelWise is re-launching TravelWise Week. The week-long campaign will be held at the same time as, and in co-operation with, European Mobility Week (EMW) - 16-22 September 2017.
You are invited to get involved - whether you represent a local authority, transport operator, business, university, health care provider or even just as an individual. It's an opportunity to engage with the public and other partners broadly on the theme of transport and travel in a number of ways:
- encouraging modal shift and physical activity by offering various types of incentives (e.g. travel discounts, passes), support (e.g. PTP, cycle training), useful information (e.g. maps, timetables), education and motivation
- showcasing new or planned infrastructure improvements (e.g. new cycling/walking routes, pedestrian zones, public space enhancements, new cleaner buses)
- increasing awareness, support and momentum for local initiatives through face-to-face interaction
The campaign will use the 2017 theme "Sharing gets you further", focusing on one of the things that makes us human - sharing. The power of sharing increases with the application of intelligent systems to connect people, modes and operators into one sustainable seamless journey. For example, in The Netherlands the growth in car share has taken it from 3,000 trips to 25,000 trips in eight years, whilst 'classic' car share usage stayed fairly static. The growth has all been in peer to peer networks via apps like Bla Bla Car.
The theme will allow you to engage all kinds of companies in your campaign, e.g. app developers and others in the tech sector, car share and car rental companies, shopping centres and any companies with an interest in reducing demand on their car parks.
You have the option of using the TravelWise Week or European Mobility Week (EMW) branding for your local events and activities. Act TravelWise is providing TravelWise Week logos and posters (downloads below), web resources, regional support networks, contacts and links to the EMW campaign e.g. campaign materials and design materials. Our campaign co-ordinator Don Kent (07931 978771, firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to support and steer your efforts.
Regardless of which branding you use, please register your participation on the European Mobility Week website, where you will find one registration link for 'Cities' and another for 'Businesses, NGOs, Schools and Other Actors'. Don has even offered to complete the registration form on your behalf. Registration will also make you eligible for awards.
Let's start organising now for the 2017 campaign and make it a year to remember!
Poster Resources (courtesy Diva Creative):
- poster image - available at 600x831px (JPG) for web use and 249x345px (JPG) for social media use
- A4 poster - non-customisable (PDF)
- A4 poster - with 'empty belly' for adding local event info (PDF) (DOCX)
- A5 double-sided customisable flyer - with all transport modes on front (PDF) (DOCX)
- A5 double-sided customisable flyer - with cyclists only on front (PDF) (DOCX)
- A5 double-sided customisable flyer - with pedestrians only on front (PDF) (DOCX)
Image Resources (courtesy Diva Creative):