In response to high demand from the Act TravelWise membership, TravelWise Week is back in 2018! The week-long campaign will be held at the same time as, and in co-operation with, European Mobility Week - 16-22 September 2018.
Everyone is invited to get involved - whether you represent a local authority, transport operator, business, university, health care provider or even just as an individual. It's an opportunity to engage with the public and other partners broadly on the theme of transport and travel in a number of ways:
- encouraging modal shift and physical activity by offering various types of incentives (e.g. travel discounts, passes), support (e.g. PTP, cycle training), useful information (e.g. maps, timetables), education and motivation
- showcasing new or planned infrastructure improvements (e.g. new cycling/walking routes, pedestrian zones, public space enhancements, new cleaner buses)
- increasing awareness, support and momentum for local initiatives through face-to-face interaction
The campaign will use the 2018 theme "Mix and Move!", focusing on focusing on ‘multimodality’ - the mixing of transport modes within the same journey or for different trips. Many of us instinctively opt for the same method of transport when moving around without necessarily examining the needs of the specific journey. The car may be the best way to take your family to the seaside, for example, but is it the best way to get them to the city centre where space and access is often limited?
You have the option of using the TravelWise Week or European Mobility Week (EMW) branding for your local events and activities. Act TravelWise will be providing TravelWise Week logos and posters (2017 downloads below, to be updated with new date and theme), web resources, regional support networks, contacts and links to the EMW campaign e.g. campaign materials and design materials. Our campaign co-ordinator Don Kent (07931 978771, [email protected]) will be happy to support and steer your efforts.
Regardless of which branding you use, please register your participation on the European Mobility Week website. Don has even offered to complete the registration form on your behalf. Registration will also make you eligible for awards.
Let's start organising now for the 2018 campaign and make it a year to remember!
Poster Resources (courtesy Diva Creative - to be updated for 2018):
- poster image - available at 600x831px (JPG) for web use and 249x345px (JPG) for social media use
- A4 poster - non-customisable (PDF)
- A4 poster - with 'empty belly' for adding local event info (PDF) (DOCX)
- A5 double-sided customisable flyer - with all transport modes on front (PDF) (DOCX)
- A5 double-sided customisable flyer - with cyclists only on front (PDF) (DOCX)
- A5 double-sided customisable flyer - with pedestrians only on front (PDF) (DOCX)
Image Resources (courtesy Diva Creative - ready for use in 2018):