The next Act TravelWise Annual General Meeting will take place on Tuesday 17 January 2017 from 5:15 to 6:00 pm at Macdonald Burlington Hotel, 126 New St, Birmingham B2 4JQ Birmingham. All current Act TravelWise members are welcome to attend the AGM along with the Annual Conference held throughout the same day.
As per Article 7.2 of the Articles of Association, the AGM shall be held for the following purposes:
- to receive from the Board a full statement of accounts;
- to receive from the Board a report of the activities of the Association since the previous Annual General Meeting;
- to appoint Directors pursuant to Article 13 hereof;
- to appoint the Association’s auditors if required [not required in 2017];
- to appoint such other business as may be brought before it.
An important part of this particular AGM will be the adoption of new Articles of Association in line with the Association's transition from a limited liability company to a charitable company, to be completed in January 2017. The draft Articles will be sent to all members in early January 2017 along with the final agenda.
Anyone interested in becoming a trustee of the charity should initially contact Randall Ghent at [email protected] to express an interest or request further information. Time commitment: Applicants should be prepared to attend a minimum of 3 Board meetings per year, and should expect to provide a minimum of approximately 2 days per month of their time, unpaid, to the Association.
Trustees with the following backgrounds are particularly sought:
a. health sector professional
b. public sector transport/travel senior manager
c. sustainable travel/transport academic
d. charity sector expert/manager
e. strategic development expert
f. events/training programme manager/director