As a 'thank you' for supporting the UK's premier association promoting and facilitating sustainable travel choices, Act TravelWise members benefit from a range of services designed to support you in your work. As a member of Act TravelWise, you will enjoy numerous benefits:
Learn from the Experts:
- We organise structured learning sessions, workshops and other training events throughout the year and across the UK.
- Our events programme is relevant to all relevant sectors; four events per year are aimed primarily towards the business sector.
- Training events are free for members sending one delegate, a savings of up to £115 + VAT per event.
- Our networking and support offer includes face-to-face and online networking opportunities with other like-minded professionals to share and exchange ideas and industry learning.
Share the Knowledge:
- Meet with your Regional Representative and other professionals in your region to keep up-to-date with local developments and learn from the knowledge and experience of others in the field. The active regional groups hold meetings throughout the year.
- We co-ordinate a Business Forum and a Health Forum, which serve to share knowledge, experience and best practice in these specific sectors. The Business Forum serves as the voice of business needs and solutions. The forum meets quarterly to discuss future plans for businesses and sustainable transport in the UK.
- We inform members of opportunities to take part as a partner in funded European and national projects.
- Our monthly e-bulletin, distributed to over 2,500 subscribers, rounds up the essential news, events and job listings in the transport and travel sector. Members can submit content to be published in the e-bulletin, at no cost.
- Our periodic member communications via email give you all the information available exclusively to members.
- Our website members' area includes online resources available exclusively to members. You can find a whole host of useful policy and guidance documents as well as case studies, industry specific images, fact sheets and more.
- We provide opportunities to shape and influence the sustainable transport and travel agenda within the UK, across Europe and beyond – and to share international best practice.
- We have strong links with key governmental departments, enabling us to share opportunities with our members and also give our members influence in shaping future policy.
- In addition to our free training events, members each receive one free delegate place at the Act TravelWise Annual Conference (value approx £195 + VAT) as well as big discounts on exhibitor stands (savings approx £500 + VAT).
- Advertising your job post or event in our monthly e-bulletin and via our social media channels is free for members (value £100 + VAT per advert).
- Receive valuable employee discounts from SmartGo (new from January 2020)! It includes savings with e.g. Arriva, First, CrossCountry Trains, London Northwestern Railway, Railcards, Halfords and Enterprise.
- PTRC Courses
PTRC have now released more of their course dates for the year.
Remember to mention you're an Act TravelWise member when booking your place to get your discount!
You can find out more about the courses available by clicking here or email [email protected] if you have any queries.
- Eversure Cycle Insurance is offering a further 15% discount off its online premiums to Act TravelWise members. For Promotional Code contact [email protected] You may share the promotion amongst your colleagues or within your organisation. See the above link for promotional Terms & Conditions. For Policy Terms & Conditions see Policy Wording.
- Commonplace is offering a 10% discount on their Community Heatmap and Design Feedback service. (It cannot be used with any other offer or discount, and unrestricted use licences are excluded.)
- More discount offers coming soon!