As the UK's premier association promoting and facilitating sustainable travel choices, Act TravelWise members benefit from a range of services designed to support them in their projects and careers in sustainable transport and mobility.
As a member of Act TravelWise, you will enjoy numerous benefits:
- Monthly E-bulletin – Our e-bulletin rounds up the essential news, events and job listings within our networks. It is distributed to approx 4,000 subscribers. Members can submit content to be published in the e-bulletin, at no cost.
- Professional Development – We organise structured learning sessions, workshops and other training events througout the year and across the UK. For 2015, most if not all of these events will be free for members sending one delegate – a savings of £115 + VAT per event.
- Annual Conference – Members each receive one free delegate place (value £195 + VAT) as well as big discounts on exhibitor stands.
- Partner Event Discounts – Membership gives you substantial discounts and free places at selected events organised by our partners. These are announced in our monthly e-bulletin, quarterly newsletter and on the website.
- Discounted Cycle Insurance – Eversure Cycle Insurance is offering a further 15% discount off its online premiums to Act TravelWise members. For Promotional Code contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may share the promotion amongst your colleagues or within your organisation. For promotional Terms & Conditions, please visit http://www.eversure.com/acttravelwise and for Policy Terms & Conditions see Policy Wording.
- Discounted Sustainable Promotions – Need for Green is offering discounts on its wide range of custom-branded eco-friendly promotional products to Act TravelWise members. See www.needforgreen.co.uk for the online catalogue and contact email@example.com to arrange your discount, which varies according to the product.
- Regional and National Networks – Meet with your Regional Representative and other professionals in your region to keep up-to-date with local developments and learn from the knowledge and experience of others in the field. The active regional groups hold meetings througout the year.
- Job Advertising – We advertise your job listings that are specific to sustainable travel and behaviour change – whether you’re recruiting for your own organisation or looking for new opportunities.
- Event Promotion – We publicise your events that are specific to sustainable travel and behaviour change. These are announced in our monthly e-bulletin, quarterly newsletter and on the website.
- Online Resources – Access to our online knowledge base is available exclusively to members (available soon). You can find a whole host of policy documents and white papers as well as case study examples, industry specific images, fact sheets and others.
- Networking and Support – We offer face-to-face and online networking opportunities with other like-minded professionals to share and exchange ideas and industry learning.
- European Project Opportunities – We inform members of opportunities to take part as a partner in funded European projects.
- Influence – We provide opportunities to shape and influence the sustainable transport and travel agenda within the UK, across Europe and beyond – and to share international best practice. We are proud to have the Department for Transport, as a key influencer in the field of sustainable travel, represented on our Board. In terms of Europe, we currently sit on the Board of the European Platform on Mobility Management (EPOMM), serve as the national co-ordinator for European Mobility Week, and are represented on the International Programme Committee (IPC) for the European Conference of Mobility Management (ECOMM). In North America we are allied with our sister organisations ACT Canada and ACT US.
Training & Events
We hold a range of trainings and events throughout the year, across the UK – most of which are free for members sending one delegate.
Coming soon: Access to our online knowledge base is available exclusively to members.
We provide award opportunities for organisations and individuals, within the UK as well as in conjunction with international projects and campaigns such as European Mobility Week.