Buckinghamshire Council has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Transport Strategy. They are looking for an experienced individual to lead and manage the growing transport strategy activities and related policy functions across Buckinghamshire. This is a 12 month fixed term position.
As the Head of Transport Strategy you will lead and manage transport strategy activities and work with a number of external partners to ensure the needs of the service are met, deputizing for the service director when needed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has substantial relevant experience in transport panning, policy and strategy work
- Can effectively lead and develop the transport strategy team
- Has experience representing a council in a professional capacity
- Uses initiative and demonstrates strategic and political awareness in problem solving and decision making
- Has excellent communication, persuasion and negotiating skills
- Experience of scheme development, including feasibility, drafting business cases and appraisal
- Has a relevant degree or substantial experience
Application deadline: 5 April 2020.
For more information, click here.