Who should attend?
Regular physically activity is one of the most important ways of staying healthy, and cycling is a great way to be active every day.
More women riding bicycles is the key to improving personal and community health and wellbeing, and cutting congestion and improving air quality in towns and cities. Find out more and how to do this at this exciting conference.
This conference has an inclusive remit and is open to professionals and volunteers; anyone who has an interest in bicycles and wants to make Britain a better place for people to ride their bicycles.
This event is for you if you are:
- Health and wellbeing commissioners in the NHS and local authorities
- Active or sustainable travel promoters - at work or volunteering
- Transport planners or engineers
- Physical activity leads and supporters
- Public Health professionals, or involved in promoting physical activity, health and
- wellbeing, or health promotion
Why you should attend?
At the first ever UK Women and Cycling Conference held in York in April 2015, delegates gathered to identify the barriers to women participating in cycling, the cycling industry and riding bicycles for everyday journeys.
Capturing the energy, enthusiasm and expertise of the delegates who attended WACC2015 (the first Women & Cycling Conference), WACC is back in 2016. Brought to you by Herefordshire Council - in collaboration with WE Cycle and Powered by PechaKucha - and in the spirit of sustainability and inclusion, this conference will provide space, time and skills to undertake the next steps on the journey toward making it possible for more women, children, older people and people with disabilities to ride their bicycles. With just 29% of all bicycle trips being made by women, WE’s aim is equality.
Attend if you want to:
- Review the barriers to women participating in the cycling industry, in cycle sport and everyday riding
- Find out about and share current good practice in women and cycling across the UK,
- Network with other people active in this area of work and collaborate to plan the next steps along the journey toward 50:50 by 2020
- Discover more about the new organisation for Women’s equality in cycling, WE Cycle and the Women’s Cycle Forum.
WE Cycle looks forward to welcoming you to Herefordshire. See http://wecycleuk.org/2016/01/04/we-cycle-conference-2016-registration-open/ for more information.
When: Wednesday 4 May 2016, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (BST)
Where: The Courtyard - Edgar Street, Hereford HR4 9JR