Transport for the North’s Proposed Strategy
What are the issues? Can it be improved?
Wednesday 18 July - Registration from 13:00. Event 13:30-16:30 organised by Zero Carbon Yorkshire, Transport Planning Society and Act TravelWise.
The TfN board is now considering the results of the public consultation around its draft Strategic Transport Plan, before its process of revision begins.
In their constructive engagement with the strategy, environmental transport organisations have been asking some important questions: will there be spatial ‘winners and losers’; how valid is the translation of the strategy’s economic foundations into a set of transport interventions; and does the strategy pass its carbon reduction test?
This event provides an opportunity to hear different sides on these issues and to contribute to an ongoing debate about how the strategy can be improved before its adoption.
- Cllr Judith Blake (Leader Leeds City Council and board member of Transport for the North, representing West Yorkshire)
- Anthony Rae (Yorkshire transport NGOs)
- Bridget Fox (Campaign for Better Transport)
- Prof Greg Marsden (Inst for Transport Studies, University of Leeds & Commission on Travel Demand)
Addtional Panel Member:
- Liz Hunter (West Yorkshire Combined Authority)
Tickets are free for TPS and Act TravelWise members. Non-members to pay £5 contribution on entry. Buffet sponsored by Tracsis Traffic Data following the event.