The Carplus Shared Transport Conference 2016 to be held in Glasgow will focus on how shared travel can be integrated with other forms of sustainable transport, particularly in low carbon transport and active travel hubs.
The conference is aimed at local authorities, consultants, sustainable transport professionals and others working to reduce the carbon footprint of travel.
The Shared Transport Conference 2016 will bring together Scottish transport practitioners and draw on the knowledge and expertise of a wide range of speakers to explore how the shared use of cars and bikes can improve transport efficiency, provide convenient and affordable mobility and reduce carbon emissions.
Conference presentations and workshops will cover the following topics:
- Integrating active travel, shared transport and public transport
- Street design for sustainable travel
- Lessons learned from existing sustainable travel hubs
- The long term benefits of shared transport for your community
- Different models for shared transport and how they could work for your area i.e. car clubs, bike share etc
- Update on Low Carbon Travel and Transport funding
The conference will be held on Tuesday 20 September, 10:30 am - 3:30 pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Congress Road, Glasgow.
This conference is free to attend for active sustainable transport professionals. If you are unable to attend this event once registered, a cancellation charge of £50 will be levied if less than 48 hours’ notice is given.