This workshop regarding the provision of on-street EV charge points was developed due to demand from our local authority members in West Sussex and Surrey. As other authorities are grappling with the same issues, we have brought together two trainers - Ross Jones from the Infrastructure Team at OLEV and Hayley Chivers, Strategic Transport Planner at Portsmouth City Council - who have worked together to deliver EV charge points in Portsmouth.
Surrey County Council is currently developing its strategy in this area and West Sussex County Council is exploring the topic as the number of requests for EV charge points is likely to increase.
Aside from OLEV grants, there are a number of issues for local authorities to consider including:
- What is the impact on parking?
- What are the health & safety implications?
- What are the ongoing maintenance costs and how would these be funded (when revenue budgets are under significant pressure)?
- How do we target/prioritise on-street provision?
- Will improvements to battery technology mean there will be less demand for on-street charging?
The workshop will seek to answer these questions and more.
- Tuesday 5 December 2017, 1:30 - 3:30 pm
- Portsmouth, hosted by Portsmouth City Council
- cost: free for members sending one delegate; non-members and additional delegates £50 + VAT
- register via Eventbrite
The South East regional meeting will follow the workshop from 3:45 to 5:15 pm (requires separate Eventbrite registration), which in turn will be followed by a pub social nearby.
For more information or for registration via invoice, contact Randall Ghent on 020 8144 7366 / 07960 180851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.