Following the success of the Making Traffic-Free Spaces in Towns and Cities conference in Bristol and the Traffic Removal for Transforming City Centres event in London, the Traffic Removal UK network is pleased to be hosting another free event, this time in Portsmouth.
Join us on Thursday 6 June to hear how traffic removal tools can be used to help us to deliver liveable cities. We will hear from speakers from across the south of England, including:
- Steve Melia and Ian Shergold from the University of the West of England
- Richard Pearson from Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council
- Megan Streb from Sustrans
- Randall Ghent from Act TravelWise
- Djamila Ouelhadj from the University of Portsmouth
We will be discussing issues such as the evidence behind traffic removal, the politics of pedestrianisation, the transformation of our city centres and the benefits to local businesses following pedestrian improvements.