Act TravelWise will be holding a workshop titled 'Demand Responsive Transport: From Dial-a-Ride to App-Based Startups' on Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:30 to 12:30, hosted by Highways England in Guildford.
The workshop will provide a solid overview and case studies on the flexible transport services known collectively as 'DRT'. These services follow numerous models, from traditional pre-booked dial-a-ride to the new app-based and commercial approaches. We'll hear about the different types of DRT services, how they operate and how they can support each other.
We will hear from:
- Bill Freeman, Chief Executive, Community Transport Association
- Keith McGillivray, Associate, SYSTRA (who has overseen a study of DRT)
- Becky Upfold, Innovation Business Delivery Lead, Transport for London (re: DRT trial in Sutton / Croydon)
- Robin Pointon, Managing Director, Go Travel Solutions (as Travel Plan Coordinators for the New Lubbesthorpe residential development in Leicestershire, they commissioned ArrivaClick to deliver a DRT service using s106 funding, in lieu of a fixed route service)
- Brad Lee, Head of Sales, Zeelo (a new coach-based service) and formerly of Chariot
Following these presentations, there will be a panel of the speakers involving questions and input from the delegates.
Register now via Eventbrite! Act TravelWise members each get one free delegate place. Non-members and additional delegates are charged at £50.
The Act TravelWise South East regional meeting will take place afterwards in the same venue from 1:00 to 3:00 pm, via separate registration (see regional meeting announcement).