Act TravelWise members will receive a 20% discount on registration for the first Better Places Symposium, Thursday 24 November at The KIA Oval in London.
The built environment and infrastructure in towns and cities influences the way we move, interact, transact, behave and feel. Spatial layout, urban design and mobility opportunities are closely linked to economic and social success, and to health and wellbeing.
There is now strong political will to address social issues such as low levels of activity, poor air quality, congestion and private car dependency. Rapidly developing mobility business models and technologies present clear options for more cost-effective, convenient and less polluting ways of travelling for work and leisure.
This event will look at how forward-thinking towns and cities are adopting new strategies and tactics to deliver safer, cleaner and people-friendly places.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andreas Trisko, head of department, Urban Development & Planning, Vienna City Administration
- Jonathan Bray, director, Urban Transport Group
- Patricia Brown, director, Centra and chair of British Property Federation's Development Committee
- Daniel Moylan, director, Urban Design London
- Martin de Heaver, CEO, GEOmii
- Nigel Hallam, Workplace Parking Levy senior officer, Nottingham City Council
- Clare Haigh, CEO, Greener Journeys
The full list of speakers can be found on the attached advertisement or online at www.BetterPlaces2016.uk
The Act TravelWise member 20% discount can be selected at
https://www.transportxtra.com/tx-events/?id=2317 (use promo code 'acttravelwise' at checkout - current paid members only).