'Sustainable Travel in a Changing World'
Now more than ever, individuals' travel behaviour is shifting and adapting in response to changes in their own circumstances, their communities, the economy and technology.
Practioners in the travel and transport sector have the opportunity to help shape these changes in order to best address people's needs whilst favouring sustainable modes.
The Act TravelWise Annual Conference will address a range of questions such as:
- What is the future role of the car in the smart city?
- How can workplaces, hospitals and universities best adapt to future travel needs and encourage a step-change in travel behaviour?
- How can we best work with LEPs and use capital funding to encourage walking and cycling?
- How can we bring the benefits of the 'new sharing economy' to smaller towns and rural areas?
- What is the future role of 'leaner' local authorities in behaviour change?
- How can local authorities and transport operators work together to improve air quality and minimise the negative impacts of HGV freight movements?
- What are the expected impacts, both positive and negative, of new transport technologies?
- How can we improve quality of life by discouraging excessive travel?
- How should policy makers support social, economic and environmental sustainability when responding to changes in technology and lifestyles?
Date and Location:
Act TravelWise will hold its next Annual Conference & AGM on Tuesday 17 January 2017 as a full-day event at the Macdonald Burlington Hotel opposite New Street rail station in central Birmingham - revisiting the venue of our December 2014 conference. The AGM will take place at the end of the day whilst the conference continues in the adjacent meeting room.
Call for papers:
We issued a call for papers with a deadline of Wednesday 31 August. Abstracts were requested in the form of an MS Word or RTF file containing: (a) a presentation title, (b) a 250-word description, (c) a 40-word speaker biography and (d) speaker contact details. There is still some space available in the programme as of late September. Please contact Randall Ghent at email@example.com ASAP if you didn't yet have a chance to prepare an abstract.
Sponsors and exhibitors:
We welcome enquiries. The following rates apply:
- Event Sponsor £2,750 (includes 3 x conference adverts in Local Transport Today with sponsor logo, plus exposure in all conference announcements/materials)
- Exhibition Stand £475 / £975 (member / non-member)
- Drinks Reception Sponsor £750
- Programme Advert £175 / £350 (half page / full page)
- Delegate Bags £475
For any questions regarding the conference, please contact Randall Ghent on 0208 144 7366 or firstname.lastname@example.org.